Saturday, September 20, 2014

Marcus and the other freshmen building ties to the community..........

Hello everybody!
 
This is another new Swede signing in for his first blog post of the year. My name is Marcus Andersson, I’m 20 years old and I came straight to Fredonia from Sweden and the Swedish junior leagues. On the ice I’m a forward and outside the ice I’m a Communication – Journalism major. It feels great to be a part of SUNY Fredonia and the Blue Devils. This is my first time in America and I’m very happy and excited to be here.

The first weeks in Fredonia have been everything I hoped for. All the boys in the team have been very welcoming which made it easy to adjust to life here. It’s a great group of people who will do great things on the ice this winter. The fact that we are four Swedes on the team right now – Oskar, Daniel, Erik and I – has made it even easier. It feels good to be able to speak some Swedish now and then, even though I’m pretty sure that the rest of the boys on the team don’t always appreciate it… Sorry about that!

Right now in Steele Hall Arena, a couple of our players are in charge of ice practices for the children of the Fredonia community. Tomorrow it’s my turn to help out. It will be great to see all the children who try to improve their skating and it’s great that we on the team can help the children to enjoy the game. And when we play our first game for the season, on Halloween, we also promise to do everything we can to make our audience enjoy the game. Of course, we hope that you will be part of that audience!

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great weekend,

Marcus Andersson #11

No comments:

Post a Comment