Sunday, September 14, 2014

Kurt and Bourney work for Mrs. Coon........

Hello all,
 
It's Kurt Gottschalk here signing for my first blog post of the year. My summer started off with working for a landscaping company which consisted of wheel barrowing and working with stone much like Mr. Forslund. Later on in the summer I had a commitment to work at a hockey school teaching kids the fundamentals of hockey, from learning to skate to doing mohawk turns. As for the work out portion of my summer I worked on my skating and shooting with NHLer's such as Mark Giordano, Cody Hodgson and Mike Cammalleri. 

 
It's nice coming back to Fredonia with a year of experience under my belt. I am now living off campus with Frankie Hart, Mac McAvoy and Garrett Moore. 
 
As you may know from Darren Trebes' blog post from yesterday we had our annual Senior Work Day. Taylor Bourne and I teamed up and were fortunate to do some work for a sweet woman named Mrs. Irene Coon. Taylor and I helped clean up her garage and reorganize tools. We also took out a bunch of grass from her front yard so she could lay down some mulch. It was fun working with Mrs. Coon, she was happy with the fact that she had two experienced men working for her, Taylor having golf course maintenance experience and myself with both golf course maintenance and landscaping experience.
 
Until next time thanks for reading,
 
#6 Kurt Gottschalk

No comments:

Post a Comment