Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Whitey drowning the worms at home for Easter.....

Whitey checking in here for my last time this season,
 
It has been a nice relaxing little break here at home for Easter weekend.  I spent a lot of time with my family and friends.  
 
Easter Sunday we went to my cousin’s house at the lake and barbecued all afternoon.  It was nice to visit and catch up with some of my relatives that I very seldom see along with eat a lot of home cooked food, which is one thing I don’t miss about being away at school.  My oldest brother happened to get back from a electrical lineman school he attended for 4 months down in Tennessee, so we spent some time together and went golfing Sunday morning before the cookout.  It is safe to say my golf game got a tad rusty over the winter, but I’m not too worried it will come back when I get home for the summer. 
 
I also got the chance to go fishing my first day back home, the alarm went off around 6 and I headed up about 20 minutes north of my house to the middle of no where and drown a worm for about 4 hours.  Although I did not have any luck its one of my favorite things to do for relaxation, just me, the woods, and the water; no cell phone service so I can just relax and be free of stress and worries. 
 
The weekend was a nice little taste of summer, but Tuesday its back to the books to stay focused and enjoy these last few weeks of school with the boys.  Until next year, have a great summer Blue Devil Fans.
 
Zach White #5

No comments:

Post a Comment