Tuesday, April 8, 2014

“That’s why it’s called Huntin, Not Killin.”



Hunts here,

            This semester has been a busy one, as I took on various jobs around school working LAX games, along with softball and baseball. I’m glad I can keep staying busy because that’s the person that I am. I started thinking about my usual activities in the spring because something didn’t feel right…and BOOM it hit me!

            The dates March 29th- April 11th are known as Turkey Season in the state of Tennessee. I have property where I take people on a guided hunt so they can hopefully see, hear, learn, and experience an unforgettable turkey hunt. For those of you who don’t know, turkeys are one of the hardest animals to hunt. They can run up to speeds of 25mph and fly over 60mph, very skittish, and usually spot you before you spot them. It’s the challenge that I love; it’s walking through pitch-black woods at 4:30 in the morning with the adrenaline pumping as if you were about to play a hockey game. Sometimes you get a bounce, or other times, you're walking back to the truck unloading the same 3 shells you put in your shotgun earlier that morning. Like, my father told me “That’s why it’s called Huntin, Not Killin.”

We doubled this day and my buddies and I ran into some birds that weren’t the brightest out of the bunch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment