Wednesday, October 8, 2014

“ROCKY TOP YOU’LL ALWAYS BE, HOME SWEET HOME TO ME"

Hi there folks,

Just another week here in Fredonia minus the ROAD TRIP! I planned a trip with

Zach White, Chris Eiserman and Cory Melkert to Knoxville Tennessee where would

watch the Tennessee Volunteers take on Florida Gators in a rivalry football game.

As my father and Sister are both graduates from The University of Tennessee, Dad

playing baseball in 83’ and 84’ for his junior and senior year, he played shortstop

and was captain. My sister graduated in 2011 with a Nutrition degree and now

lives in Raleigh NC, where she is a Dietary Nutritionist. If it wasn’t for my love of the

hockey game, I would have went to this great place and followed the footsteps of my

family...but I am a hockey player and couldn’t be happier Fredonia is my home.

The road trip is 10 hours...we made it in about 8 and a half because we were so

excited. The boys I brought with me have never been to a college football game

before so they weren’t exactly sure what to expect but I knew they would have a

good time. After a great Friday night, the alarm goes off at 6:30am and it was game

day. Kickoff was at noon this past Saturday, so tailgating started around 730am.

It was a chilly morning for Knoxville, but the Bojangles biscuits really warmed ya

up thanks to pops, he really puts on a great tailgate. I don’t think I have ever left

a tailgate hungry before. We watched the Vols walk, VOL walk is a tradition where

the players and coaches walk from the athletic hall at the top of the hill, all the way

down to the stadium in the middle of the street. Sounds pretty simple, but the street

is lined with about 30,000 people chanting fight songs. I happy I could take the

boys down there for a great experience, and I think I am going to plan more road

trips for years to come. I wish I could have taken all 30 boys with me to Knoxville,

although...that sounds like it would end horribly. HA HA.


“ROCKY TOP YOU’LL ALWAYS BE,

HOME SWEET HOME TO ME,

GOOD OLE ROCKY TOP, ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE!!!!”

~HUNTER #26

No comments:

Post a Comment