Monday, October 27, 2014

Excited for my senior season......

Excited for the final season.

Never thought that this day would arrive, but this Friday will be my first game to my final season of NCAA hockey. Exciting yet depressing that this may be one of my last seasons of hockey in a competitive setting. We had our Blue/White scrimmage this weekend on Saturday afternoon, that really got the feelings going. Sitting there lacing up my skates thinking I only have 28 more of these times before it's all over can only give me the motivation to put it all out there every game I have left. 
 
The scrimmage itself was a success as I stayed on the Blue team the whole session and came out with a W. Time to keep those W's coming facing Cortland this Friday. It will be a great game to get the season rolling, facing off against an old friend I've grown up with since the 5th grade who was a roommate of mine in juniors in Cortland defenseman, Jeff Vanzant. We'll have some extra motivation facing each other with friends and family in the crowd. It's going to be a big win for first year assistant coach, Mike Lysyj, who is a Cortland hockey alumni, so expect some extra energy from the coaching staff this weekend as well. 
 
Starting a hard week of practice to prepare us for the weekend ahead! For those that will be participating in Halloween on Friday, be safe and have fun!
 
#23 Brian Doust

No comments:

Post a Comment