Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mobey and Doust captain hockey team to soccer shootout win over baseball team....

Hello everybody
 
Erik here again. I hope you all had a good week. Today we got challenged by the baseball team in  soccer penalty kicks. The event took place in the half time of the men's soccer game. In the position of manager I picked my three fellow Swedes and my old intramural teammate. Brian Doust.


Marcus Andersson making another big save for the hockey team.

In every penalty kick contest there will this one guy that mess up, today it was me. I tried to pull off the classical Panenka/Totti/Pirlo penalty kick. For those of you who don't watch soccer, its a variant when you just give the ball a soft chip in the middle of the net while the goalie is diving to one of the sides. Its a very risky move and I was thinking to myself "fortune favors the bold", unfortunately for me the goalie decided not to dive and could just catch the soft chip in his hands. However the rest of the guys did a great job and scored on theirs attempts, so we could take home this prestigious event.
 
Well this will be it for today, I hope you all enjoy your weekends. I will finish my blog post with a picture of Fransesco Tottis classical soft chip in the Euro  championship 2000 against Netherlands.

Moby

No comments:

Post a Comment