Sunday, October 26, 2014

Melky gearing up for SUNYAC Battle on Friday night........

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,
 
Just me Cory checking in for another blog post. Blog posts may start to heat up a bit now with the season just one week away. October 31st has been circled on my calendar for sometime now as its our first game of the season and the SUNYAC opener for the boys. We just had our Blue/White game and it went pretty well and was face paced.
 
Although the body is getting older (turning 24 in 2 weeks...I think its 24?) and pretty much gets sore with minimal activity I still love the game and I cannot wait to go through my game day routine this coming Friday. This week will consist of figuring out ways  on how to slay the Dragons of Cortland, and I am confident the guys will lay it all out there on the ice in Steele Hall Friday night.
 
Another exciting time of year is that around my birthday, my two best buddies always come up to the Fredonia to visit me. This year it turns out they will be making the trip for opening weekend because we are away on my birthday weekend, and I couldn't be more excited to see both of them. I have been best friends with them for a lot of years now and for them to still be coming out to support me and the team means a lot. Don't worry Mom I haven't forgotten about you, I'll see you in the stands for warm ups at exactly 6:20 pm........and she says I am the superstitious one.
 
I can't wait to lead the team into the battle we call the SUNYAC, until next time, all the best.
 
Cory Melkert #2

No comments:

Post a Comment