Saturday, October 18, 2014

Looking forward to meeting the alumni.......



Hello all,

It’s Kurt Gottschalk signing in for my 2nd blog post of the year.

It’s been a busy week getting back into the swing of things after a nice fall break. It’s always nice to get the chance to spend time with family, relax and have a nice Canadian Thanksgiving.

Aside from relaxing and doing a bit of homework I went apple picking with my mom and my sister. I also went with my cousin and my Dad to see Dracula which was really good and I highly recommend seeing it, if that’s your cup of tea.

Yesterday was just a short day for me just having one Accounting class and had some computer science homework. It’s been a busy week for me having 2 exams yesterday that consisted of Geology and World History and a couple of assignments earlier in the week. Aside from school, we had our last day of skate finishing off with a scrimmage with my Team White to take the game 9-7. This week was exciting because we got our team equipment for this year that consisted of new gloves, helmets, sticks and pants which is always a nice thing for a hockey player.

Today we will be meeting with the 93-94 and 94-95 SUNYAC champions and Frozen Four alumni team looking over highlights of that year with my team. We will also have the chance to talk to them about their experiences as Champions and Blue Devils. Hopefully we can learn from their success as a team so we can win a Championship ourselves. I am excited to meet these alumni it should be a good time and a good learning experience as a team. Like Eisey says in his post, we're a talented unit of selfless hockey players that will go to war for each other. 

I also wanted to say good luck to my sister Alison on her marathon and a Happy Birthday to my Mom!

Till next time 

Kurt Gottschalk #6

No comments:

Post a Comment