Friday, October 24, 2014

A day in the life of Marcus Andersson..........



Hello all,

This is Marcus Andersson with the honor of writing today’s blog. 

The first week of practices has now passed and tomorrow we’re playing a scrimmage. The intensity is very high on the ice – but also off the ice. Therefore, I thought it could be interesting for you to read about a regular day for a hockey player in the Blue Devils. Let me present… my Wednesday!

9 am
Wednesday morning means English class, which of course is perfect for a Swede like me.

10 am
Over to next class – Communication. One hour of sitting still, listening and taking notes in a big lecture hall. Luckily, the chairs are very comfortable.

11 am
Lunch.

12 pm
Noon and it’s time for my Journalism class. Journalism is my major and this class is always fun and challenging.
So it begins – the afternoon of training. This afternoon is what will make us successful this year. No other guys in any other team in the SUNYAC can work harder than what my teammates and I do here in Fredonia.

1 pm – 2 pm
Workout group. Sprinting, jumping, lifting and getting better, stronger and faster.

2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Skill practice on the ice.

3:45 pm – 5:45 pm
Team practice. 

6.30 pm
Low on energy after a long afternoon of training. A big dinner with the team always helps!
And this is how it goes on. Every day we get better, both academically and of course on the ice. Let us show you what we can do on the ice. Next Friday it is time, and we will see you then!

Thank you for reading, 

#11 Marcus Andersson


No comments:

Post a Comment