Sunday, September 11, 2016

I'm really glad I made my decision to come here......

Hey everyone, freshman, Gavin Nickerson here for my first ever Fredonia Hockey blog post. Its been an amazing first few weeks here at Fredonia.  The first couple days of school were a struggle, but I'm glad to finally get back to the books. The hockey has been great as well, it's a great feeling heading to the rink everyday with the boys knowing you are a part of a family. I'm really glad I made my decision to come here, all the guys have welcomed me in with open arms and made the transition from junior hockey to being a student-athlete very easy. I'm super glad I ended up with my roommate Anton Rosen, he's all the way from Sweden, so it's good to have a connection with someone thats' a long way from home! Being from the great state of Oregon, coming out here was a big leap of faith, I'm just about 2,500 miles away from my family. So, on this September 11th, lets remember how important our loved ones are to us and realize how much they've done for us in our lives.
 
Looking forward to the rest of the year with this awesome group of guys, and can't wait to take on Utica in the season opener in October!
Until next time,
-Gav

No comments:

Post a Comment