Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Fredonia Hockey Golf Tournament

Hey Everyone!
Junior Nick Harper here checking in for my second blog post of the year! Things are starting to heat up here at Fredonia such as schoolwork, workouts, and our skates. Our  skates have been filled with intensity and guys are getting prepared for the upcoming season. I'm looking forward to some nice fall weather coming in and not having to change three shirts a day.

This past week has been such a hard week in the sports world. Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez sadly passed away in a boating accident a few days ago. Fernandez was only 24 years old, and was at the start of a potentially hall of fame career. I was able to watch the Marlins first game after he passed against the Mets Monday and saw the emotional pre-game ceremonies. During the game, every Marlins player and coach wore number 16 for Fernandez, with his name on the back to honor him. Being a Mets fan, when the Marlins lead off batter Dee Gordon hit a home run to start off the game, I was not disappointed. As Dee was running around the bases, you could see the tears in his eyes and stated crying as soon as he crossed home plate. Watching that game made me realize to just stop a minute, and enjoy everything I have and take nothing for granted because in a blink of an eye, it can all be taken away from you. Golf legend Arnold Palmer also passed away this past weekend. Looking back at his numbers and rounds, some of the scores he put up were truly amazing. He will for sure be missed in the golf community.

This weekend coming up we have our annual Fredonia Hockey golf tournament. It's a good way for the boys to have some fun, take a break from school, and go out and hit the links for a few hours. With a rough two past performances by me and my team, I think my new team of Jamie Young, Max Blitz, and Kyle Jelinski will be all wearing green jackets by Saturday afternoon. I'm excited to see the kind of talent we have coming out on the course this year, and I'm also excited to see that hysterical motion sophomore goalie Eric Bogart calls a golf swing.

That's all from me today, have a good rest of the week!

-Harps #30

No comments:

Post a Comment