Saturday, February 7, 2015

Oskar Gerhardson signing in..........

Hey, freshman Oskar Gerhardson signing in. Yesterday the annual pink the rink game was on the schedule and first of all I wanna thank all the people that came out to support us and the american breast cancer association. To see that many people coming together for a good cause was truly amazing. It was a very touching night, hearing all the stories of people and families that have had to encounter this horrible disease.

For me and the other Freshman it was the first time we got to experience this event. Even though we did not get the result we wanted in the game, it was a really good experience, an experience that really makes you appreciate what you have. I also got reminded of that even though we love the game of hockey and it is really frustrating to lose, there are bigger problems out in the real world and I am very fortunate to be able to step out on that ice everyday and do what I love !

The jersey I wore was bought by my parents. It is dedicated to all the women and men who have chosen a professional carreer fighting cancer.


Thanks for reading,

//Oskar Gerhardson #9

No comments:

Post a Comment