Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The boys are 'frequent travelers'...........

Hi there Bloggers, Jamie Young checking in for again this year!!

Its been a hard fought and action packed past couple of weeks since I have had a post. It all started on Halloween when I got the privilege to play in my first NCAA and SUNYAC hockey game against the Cortland Red Dragons. It sure was a special night for me having my family in town for that weekend to see me play! 

The boys have turned into some frequent travelers the past couple of weekends making stops in towns like Alexandria Bay, Canton, Potsdam, and Plattsburgh as we have spent the past two weekends on the road. Its not so bad playing on the road when you get to compete in two brand new rinks and one that could hold almost 3,000 people on a good night! The boys are on a good track right now; every one in the dressing room is competing, working hard, and getting better every day in practice and its showing during games. It's still early in the season so all the boys are still very optimistic about where we can be in February; we all know the pieces to the puzzle are there, we just need to put them together as a group of brothers for 60 minuets every night! 

With Thanksgiving around the corner that means a nice little break where I can spend some time with my family. I have to give my little brother, Joey, and birthday shout out. On November 21, he will be 18 years old! I have to wish him luck on his upcoming high school hockey season with Gilmour Academy this winter and even more luck on his upcoming decision of where he will be going to college next year. 

Well Bloggers, until next time, stay warm and be safe out on those roads!!

- Jamie Young #3

No comments:

Post a Comment