Thursday, October 20, 2011

Same old Daver ... just 'bringing it'....this time as assistant coach

WOW! Does it ever feel great to be back on the ice, and in the swing of things with the all of the boys.  As the first weekend of the season is fast approaching, everyone has been extremely hard at work on and off the ice.  Not only have the boys been preparing themselves physically getting “shredded” in the gym, but as we have begun practice everyone has been focused, intense, and has had a high level of energy.  

I can say I’m very excited to see what the 2011-2012 Blue Devils, are going to bring at 7:00 p.m. on Friday night at Steele Hall.  This year personally for me, feels a bit different then past years. As for the last 3 years I have suited up as # 29 every Friday and Saturday night, however this Friday I will be trading in my skates and gloves, for a suit and a clipboard, as I begin my new role of student assistant coach. As my NCAA eligibility ran out at the end of last year, I still needed a year of school to finish my degree, and there was no way I could stand on the sidelines, and not be involved in the program. So far I have been having a lot of fun working with the guys, Coach Meredith, and Coach T.J.  It’s interesting being on the other side of things, but none the less, I am loving every second of it and I can’t wait for Friday night and the boys to set the tone.  Because no one comes into our barn and…………  I don’t want to spoil it.  I guess you’ll find out the rest on Friday night!

Dave Ridos

No comments:

Post a Comment