Monday, September 16, 2013

Palmy looks back while looking ahead...

Palmy here back on the blog for the last time in my college career. Oh how the time has flown by! It seems like only yesterday that I was coming to school for the first time as a true freshman, pondering what is to come in the next four years of my life.

Its almost like deja vu, because while i sit in the Student Athlete Lounge, some of the freshman are sitting where I was, my freshman year, for study hall. It's sad that my time here is winding down, however I can gladly say that these years have been the best time and experience in my life. I've made so many close friends, had the chance to play and become buddies with a bunch of good teammates, and strive to become a more mature and better person.

Some things that I'm looking forward to this upcoming season is we recently have a new goalie coach. He's here to help all the tenders improve their game and strive to work hard on and off the ice. He'll be able to take video to watch when we did something right or where when something went wrong, how to go about fixing those mistakes. With two new freshman tenders coming in this school year the starting position is any ones game. I'm excited to improve my battle level on the ice, not only to try to claim the number one spot but to encourage the other two tenders to do the same. With them being freshman they look up to the older guys, me included. My goal is to have them want to compete, want to improve their game, want to be the number one guy as well. As you might be able to tell, I'm excited for the new school year, for the new season and I cant wait to get it started. October 15th cant come soon enough. 

Until tomorrow,

Palmy #30

No comments:

Post a Comment