Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Palmy looking toward the future.........

Well if you couldn't guess, Palmy here for another blog.

The other night I was chatting with a couple good buddies and old teammates, Rob Michalka and John O'Connor. A quick update on what some of the hockey alumni are up to: OC is, unfortunately for him, back for one more semester. Luckily he has settled down, has a place for himself, and has just a marvelous girlfriend. Never in my college career did I think the guy would find love here in Fredonia, but he managed to do it. As for 'Chalky', he is back in his hometown, joined the real world and has himself a full time job. For fun he is coaching a Bantam hockey squad which he tells me is going well.


It's nice to be able to catch up with the boys and see what they've got going on now that their hockey careers have ended. Its always nice to reminisce in old memories you share with your buds. To look back at the laughs and fun you use to have. Such as my freshman year, we were hanging out at one of the boys houses, and we were wearing bright Kool-Aid shirts. Just a funny little memory that we had. 
 
I've realized the majority of my blog entries have all been about the past, the previous years of my experience at school. Although it is always nice to look back on old memories, it is just as important to look ahead and think about the moments you'll encounter in the future. For instance, while working over the summer I realized how the "real world" may not be all that scary or boring as it is made out to be. Its actually quite thrilling! The things you get to experience, the new groups of friends and co-workers you meet. All of these things are something I am looking forward to once my college career ends and takes me to this "real world".  
 
The future holds so many opportunities to become something you never thought you could. The future is exactly what you make it out to be. One thing I always need to remind myself is that the only person truly affecting how the future unfolds is yourself. For example, I may not be classified as the smartest of students, however I can change that. I hold that power to change what the present and past has me labeled as, and for that reason I cannot wait for the rest of my life to unfold. Whether it be my hockey career, working career, or even my personal life, I'm excited for what my future holds.

Palmy #30

No comments:

Post a Comment