Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving destinations.....

 I hope everyone arrived safely at their Thanksgiving destinations and are enjoying some time away from school. I am particularly jealous of Freeze, as he and his girlfriend are enjoying Vegas right now while I am still in Fredonia. I will be headed to Pittsburgh to visit my uncle for the break, but unfortunately he is away right now so I won't be able to head out until probably tomorrow. As I think about everyone traveling home to their families, it reminds me of my travels back and forth between Fredonia and Alberta these last few years. There has certainly been some interesting events along the way. Following freshman year, me and my dad were in the first day of our drive back for the summer. Our timing proved to be terrible as we drove right through Chicago in rush hour traffic and ridiculously hot temperatures, and then my Jeep started to overheat. We were forced to cut across about 7 lanes of bumper-to-bumper traffic to take the nearest exit. We ended up stopping to buy coolant at a gas station in one of the shadiest neighborhoods in Chicago. Driving around downtown Chicago with a Jeep full of stuff was scary at the time, but it is an experience I will never forget. Also, on the way back to Fredonia this year, we happened to hit one of the worst construction areas I have ever seen in my life. There was at least 2 and a half hours where there was not even a highway anymore, just a dirt road. There was no passing allowed and construction zone speed limits, so it made for a very frustrating drive through Montana. My Jeep has been through a lot and she struggles at times but I have certainly gotten my money's worth and she is still kicking! I hope everyone's travels this holiday go smoother than mine in Montana and Chicago!
-Jeff Holloway #31

No comments:

Post a Comment