Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A great day in Fredonia


Alberta Boys!
Today was another good day in Fredonia. It was a typical day filled with classes, as well as the first signs of snow. I just finished a post practice meal with some of the boys, and now I'm back to doing a little school work. Practice was good today, and I think we got a few things figured out with our power play. I know that I personally have a lot of things to improve, and right now I'm really focused on tracking pucks, especially fighting to maintain vision through traffic. College hockey is great for working on a lot of different aspects of the game, as we only play on weekends. It gives us time during the week to prepare for the upcoming games, and I think that because of this, it's important to have high quality practices. We have been focused on this lately, and every time we hit the ice, we are reminded that it is the most important thing in the world at that moment. I think that's one of the best things about hockey. When you put the gear on and step on the ice, all other worries fade away and you can focus on being in the moment and enjoying the opportunity to play. There are few better feelings than being on the ice with some of your best friends. I really appreciate the opportunity every day to continue to improve and work on my game. I would like to be able to say that I won in rebound at practice today, and I was really trying hard because I knew I would have to write about it, but it was a rare day where I ended up losing. Mat Hehr had the scoring touch for once today I guess. I'll let you know how tomorrow's game goes. On a positive note, Canada is still undefeated in our Canada U.S. showdown that we do every game day skate! Let's see if we can keep that going all year (knock on wood).

- #1 Freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment