Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Enjoying the Experience"

"studying hard over at Park Place"

I just got back home from a nice turkey dinner with some of the boys
over at Erie marketplace. It was a good day of practice as we start to
get closer to our road trip this weekend, and I think one of the keys
we took away from today was staying mentally strong and battling
through when things maybe aren't going as well as usual. I got back to
winning in rebound today with a strong performance and some nice saves
on Coach Silengo! Ask him about it if you see him. Anyways, I'm really
looking forward to tomorrow as my girlfriend Amanda is flying down to
visit from Calgary. She is one of our team's (and my) biggest
supporters and it will be great to have her in the stands again this
weekend. I haven't seen her since August, so I'm really excited that
she's able to come see some games. I think the rest of my family is
jealous, and I'm looking forward to seeing them again over Christmas
break. Being away from home is tough sometimes, but it's been a great
experience so far in many different ways, and the bonds with the boys
are probably the best part. College hockey is different from other
experiences, because of all the time we spend together as a team. We
pretty much spend 24/7 together, attending classes, eating together,
living together, playing hockey together and going out as a team. I
have a lot of great memories so far, and I look forward to making many
more this year!


Freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment