Monday, March 24, 2014



Hi everyone, hope you all enjoyed your spring break. 

I’ll start by sharing what adventures I took part in while being home in the white Arctic blizzard known as Timmins, Ontario. I left Friday around 4 pm and hitched a ride with my Canadian buddy Kurt Gottschalk. He dropped me off near Toronto where my parents picked me up and started the drive north. It didn't take long for the snow flurries to start and before we knew it we had to stop and take a hotel room because of a severe snow storm. 

Once I got home on Saturday the weather did not get any better. The average temperature for the week was -5.8 degrees (-21 degrees Celsius in Canadian language). I took advantage of the cold temperature and went ice fishing multiple times but unfortunately only caught one 4 lb. pike. I also went snowshoeing quite a bit with my dad, we would hike a few miles to get to the lakes which was a good little workout. 

I know a few of the guys when somewhere much warmer than where I was. Hunter, Whitey and Eisy enjoyed soaking up the sun in Florida. While they got sun tans I was busy getting frost bite! 

Aside from that there was a lot of relaxation happening, but happy to be back here and grind out another month and a bit of school. Going through slight withdrawals with the hockey season over but anxiously awaiting next season. 

Frankie Hart #8

No comments:

Post a Comment