Monday, April 30, 2012

Cossy goes down memory lane

It's crazy to think about being a senior on the team already.  Time definitely flew by the past three years, and going into my last year I'm reminded of all of the great moments I've had and people I've met playing hockey.  When I was playing high school hockey in Michigan for Fredonia State alum and All-American Jeff Lupu my best memory was definitely scoring the game winning goal against Clarkston HS with 23 seconds left.  They were a team we weren't supposed to beat, but the excitement for our first-year program was huge and tons of fans came out to fill the arena.  I've never heard a place erupt so loudly, and it was for sure one of my greatest memories as a hockey player.  It makes me think of winning a championship in the NOJHL as well, and how much of a bound you establish with guys that you play with and for every night.  Being a 4-year college athlete is difficult in any sport, and coming into your senior year with a good group of guys that respect one another for the commitment and dedication it takes to accomplish that feat brings everyone closer together.  I know we're all excited for the year to come, and it will certainly be exciting to see how the young guys that became the old take over the leadership positions to bring the whole team together for a great season.

Ian Cosgrove

No comments:

Post a Comment