Monday, April 23, 2012

Freeze eager to get going

This time of year is always very busy, as classes are wrapping up and we are preparing for final exams. The weekends are a great time to  have some fun, relax, and watch some great playoff hockey which is what I was able to do this weekend. Some of the alumni guys were in town as well, and it was very nice to see them and do some catching up. The year here has gone by very fast, and I'm so happy that I have another great year to look forward to. We are working hard off the ice right now, as we know what a battle the season will be when that time approaches. The work we are putting in now will help us be ready!!

This brief break from being on the ice has been nice, and I think it is very important to spend some time away from it. It gives me time to think about my goals and what I want to accomplish, and gives me a rest both mentally and physically. I can't wait to get back to practicing again though, and not being able to right now will make me appreciate it so much more when we get back to work. It's nice to spend some time in the empty arena, imagining what exciting things next season will bring. I can't wait to get back on the ice already, and am looking forward to stepping back on it again in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment