Thursday, August 25, 2016

66 days till Utica. .....

Hey there hockey fans,

Sure has been while since we talked; I hope you all had a great summer and yours was much chillier than mine was!! 

So I spent my summer in the nations Capitol this year experiencing all it had to offer. While I was in Washington, D.C. I was lucky enough to be apart of a program called The Fund for American Studies. This was a wonderful program that provided me with an internship experience with a lobbying firm, classes from George Mason University, and numerous activities and opportunities such as sitting on the US House of Representatives floor and site visits to the State Department and international embassies. It was a tremendous 8 weeks that I thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend it to anyone interested in how businesses work with the government!

After all of that it feels great to be back with the boys and meeting all the new freshmen. With our first couple skates and first 6am workout out of the way there is a ton of energy around the room and we can already tell it's going to be a great year. 

Also, I have to give a quick shout out and congratulations to my talented mother, Claire Zangerle. After 8 years as CEO of the Visiting Nursing Association of Ohio she has decided to take a new position as Chief Nurse of the Allegheny Health Network in Pittsburgh. Even though she will be in Steelers country, I am so proud of everything she has been able to accomplish in her storied professional career all the while raising myself and my little brother Joey. 

That's all for me right now though, we will talk soon. 

66 days till Utica. 

Cheers,

Younger #3

No comments:

Post a Comment