Friday, March 15, 2013

Hands down, Chad wins the coveted, 'Blogger of the Year' Award

Hello everyone,
 
It's Chad again. I notice that a lot of my American friends here get confused on the lingo that we hockey players use when communicating to each other. So for today's blog, I'm going 1 on 1 to give you some examples of hockey lingo, it'll only be the basics and we'll keep it PG. Here's a little list I whipped up after finishing my homework.
 
Flow: Hair that would flow out the back of someone’s helmet and curl up around the back of the helmet. Someone can have a flow or be flowin. Long, curly or wavy hair. ex. Scott Hartnell’s flow.
 
Bar Down: Scoring off the crossbar.
 
Dummied: To beat/completely annihilate someone in a form of competitive event so badly that it was like you were facing a non-living mannequin. aka. a Dummy.
 
Pylon: Those defence that you dangle around like pylons in practice.
 
Plug: A word used to describe someone who is completely and entirely useless.
 
Chirp: Meaning to make fun of or joke around with or to talk trash.
Examples:
 
Hey bobby, you've been scratched more times than a lottery ticket
 
Eh buddy i've seen more ice in my drink than you have all year ya plug (Reference back to Plug)
 
Rattled: Feeling of anger. Sometimes used by fighters. Ex: "Coach was really rattled about the game tonight."
 
A Beauty: This a guy on your team thats just the freaking man.....He does all sorts of crazy things and makes everybody just laugh their butt off.....He's an awesome guy ...a lot of fun...You can use this term by saying...." That Joey, he's a friggin beauty".
Example:
 
So anyway I hope that helped you out and maybe with a little bit of practice you can chit chat with one of the guys on the hockey squad. It can be fun if you know what your doing, but if you don't ....oh boy. You look like this guy:
 
 
I know I'm going on here so that's all I got for you today.
 
Thanks guys,
 
Chadwick
 

No comments:

Post a Comment