Thursday, November 3, 2011

College workload keeping Ian Ellenberger busy

Since our first game against Assumption two weeks ago, it seems like things here in Fredonia have really started to move in fast forward. The schoolwork has started to pick up, as my professors are scheduling tests and assignments, one after another. It's hard to believe that November is here already, and soon enough winter break will be upon us.

Although this past weekend we went 0-1-1, we're taking the positives out of this past weekend and are looking forward to this Friday night vs. Morrisville. An intense week of practice will have us prepared for another conference showdown, and we're all looking forward to getting two W's this weekend already, and getting back on track.

Now that I'm playing college hockey, its strange to think that I began skating 17 years ago. I remember attending early Saturday morning clinics at the Hershey Bears' outdoor practice facility, located right behind the HersheyPark Arena. I remember some of the Bears would come out and skate with us, and I was thrilled to be out on the ice with them. Once my morning clinic was finished, my older brother would skate with us clinic later in the afternoon. Most Saturdays, I would skate in both my morning clinic and my older brother's afternoon clinic. I would be out on the ice for a total of four hours every Saturday, and I loved every minute of it. Its interesting to look back and see how those freezing Saturday morning clinics were the beginning of my ice hockey career.

Ian Ellenberger

No comments:

Post a Comment