Saturday, September 10, 2011

Junior, Rob Michalka trades his 50 hours/week summer job for school

It’s great to be back in Fredonia after a long summer of working. School seems easy after working almost 50 hours a week on the road. I forgot how much I enjoyed being back at school with all the boys. We have a large freshman class this year but they are all great guys and talented hockey players. There is no doubt in my mind that we will start off this season as a power in the SUNYAC. 
Advanced conditioning class has been interesting this year. As always we are throwing around cinder blocks like crazy, but coach has brought in some new workouts that are pretty tough. He always finds a new use for a cinder block. Being on the ice with the whole team has been great. You can tell that everyone is having a great time being back together on the ice. The classroom is more demanding now that I am a junior, but going to practice and workouts is a nice little escape that helps get me through it. I can’t wait for October to come around and being on the ice with the boys every weekend battling for the win.
Rob Michalka

No comments:

Post a Comment