Monday, January 16, 2017

Pauly signs in.....

On Saturday we completed our first weekend sweep of the year. It was a huge boost for our team as many guys stepped up and contributed. A huge congratulations shoutout to one of my goalie partners, Eric Bogart as he notched his first ever college shut out!

The previous weekend we were down in Maryland playing two games against Stevenson. After four and a half seasons spread over two teams, I was able to start my first ever NCAA game. I was extremely blessed for the opportunity and was overwhelmed by the support I got from my teammates (past and present), family, and friends. I probably had about 30 texts on the day of the game from people wishing me well.

After such a long wait, the game obviously meant a great deal to me and it was a very emotional day. I felt so blessed to have my teammates play so hard in front of me. Their support was unbelievable and it speaks to the great unity we have as a group.

Unfortunately, the game did not go as planned as we suffered a very tough overtime loss. Although the result of the game still does not sit well with me, I am very grateful for the opportunity. I felt more and more comfortable as the game went on and I gained quite a bit of experience that will make my next opportunity that much easier!

The boys are very excited for our games this weekend which include our very special "Pink the Rink" night on Saturday!

Chris Paulin

No comments:

Post a Comment