Monday, January 30, 2017

"it's time to start a new streak and get rolling for playoffs right around the corner. "

Hey everybody! 

This past weekend we split games to extend our win streak and end it at 5 games. It's good feeling when you start stringing wins together like that and it's time to start a new streak and get rolling for playoffs right around the corner. 

The previous weekend was our annual Pink the Rink game. I was lucky enough to have my parents and grandparents in attendance. As I showed up to the rink and walked in the locker room, I immediately checked out my jersey to see the name on the back to see who I'd be playing for that night. It read "Almquist". My parents surprised me and put my great grandma on the back of my jersey. My grandma's (who was in attendance) mother. She passed away a few years back after a long hard fought battle with breast cancer. Without a doubt it was the most memorable game of my hockey career and I was lucky enough to score a few goals for my grandma. An emotional yet meaningful game and night that I will remember for the rest of my life. 

-Jimmy Morgan #22

No comments:

Post a Comment