Friday, January 20, 2017

I often forget of how far we've come together.......

The Fresno Boys

Mike Freeman here coming at you with another blog entry!
My favorite thing about being a part of the Fredonia men's hockey team is being able to play the game I love with the friends I love. Every now and then,  a reminder comes that hockey has the uncanny ability to be greater than just a game. After last night's victory again Post University, some family I had in town asked me to pose for a quick picture with Kyle Jelinski and Jacob Haynes, both of whom I played junior hockey with in Fresno, California.  None of the three of us anticipated that we would be coming to the same college team to continue our careers, and quite honestly, I often forget of how far we've come together. While in the middle of the daily grind, you tend to forget the nuances and take a lot of things for granted.  Seeing this picture and actually taking a good hard look at it, I am reminded of all the growth we've undergone together, both as individuals and as members of a team (even though Haynes still looks like the fifteen year old kid I first met).  I am also reminded of how much not only these two mean to me, but every single man on our squad.  It is so special to be able to be a part of something that's bigger than any individual, and to have the opportunity to face adversity together. Adversity that can only be overcome by one cohesive unit composed of individuals all pulling in the same direction. I know that everybody on our team, to the man, feels the same way about our group. Though Jelinksi, Haynes and I have evolved a great deal together, we still have a few more years left in us to try and achieve something special with our new family in our new home here at Fredonia. 
Until next time,
Go Devils!

No comments:

Post a Comment