Wednesday, September 12, 2012

OC remembers September 11th

 Tuesday September 11th a day that will live in infamy.  It's hard to believe its been 11 years since that tragic day.  It's important to remember all those who lost there life, one of my uncles, a reporter for the wall street journal had an appointment scheduled for a few hours after the planes hit the world trade center.  Thankfully he was not around Manhattan during the attack.  As one of my teachers put it yesterday, September 11th is the tragedy of our era, much like pearl harbor on December 7th, 1941, an event that almost everyone can remember where they were when they got the news.  As I remember I was going to school in Connecticut only about an hour outside of NYC, so for fear that one of my peers would have family that worked in the city, we the students didn't hear about the attack till the very end of the school day right before dismissal, I'm certain I will remember that for a long time to come.
OC #8

No comments:

Post a Comment