Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My recruiting visit..............

  Yesterday I received my first recruit of the year to come stay with me. This took me back to exactly a year ago when I had my visit. I thought about what got me to go here. I laugh now because it wasn't the rink, the lockerroom, or the girls I saw walking around campus. It was the guys I met that night that would put the "YES" in committing to go here.

The first person I got introduced to was sophomore, forward, Chad Bennett. Coach Bill came out with him and said "Chris, this is who you will be staying with." My first thoughts were, "you gotta be kidding me." This guy looks like the Undertaker from WWE. He ended up being the right guy for the job. Chad was honest about everything since Day 1, he told me the good stuff and the bad stuff about Fredonia. Coming off one eventful Junior career, it was finally good to hear someone give it to me straight.

John, Ryan, Taylor(far right), Chad, Mitch
We get back to the dorm and I was greeted by Ryan Wilkinson. After having a conversation with him, I knew I could definitely get into this school if this guy did. Then I met Mitch Kaufmann.  This guy didn't even have to tell me where he was from because of his accent. He sounded like he just got off a late night shift from the oil rigs in Alberta. Two other people came to introduce themselves, and they were John Defeo and Taylor Bourne. John to me looked like his Mom still bags his lunch. Taylor had these lamb chops going for him, I didn't know if he thought he played the bass for the Who or played the drums for Metallica. Beside the point, these guys were quickly judged, not just on their looks, but their personalities and kindness, and that is why I'm by their side battling today . -#1 Eisee

No comments:

Post a Comment