Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mobey making his mark on Fredonia.....all the way from Sweden

The SUNY Fredonia men's hockey team is a very diverse group. We have Americans, Canadians, and Albertans. Alberta is in Canada but those guys are just a different breed. The one group I forgot to mention is European. The one Euro that we were blessed with this season is freshman forward Erik Moberg. Erik is from Sweden, and he is proud of his country. I'm dedicating this blog to Erik because I think he deserves it. If you ever get a chance to stroll around campus one day you might come upon a young gentlemen that looks like a model from GQ. He always looks sharp from head to toe. Sometimes he could be wearing a blazer with a matching scarf, or nice slacks with a Cardigan. Rule #1 about Moberg, never bring him to the Galleria Mall. I say this because he shops like a 16 year old girl that got a hold of her daddy's credit card. Erik enjoys sun tanning, a book by the fire, and sipping on a Carmel Macchiato from Starbucks. Moberg'
s claim to fame line is, "there's only one Erik Moberg". The best story I have about this guy so far this season was when a bunch of us went to the beach. We were all packed up and ready to hit the road when we realized we had to wait for Erik to change. The beeps of the horn startled him so he flew down the stairs. From my view in the car I see him approaching the vehicle wearing nothing but a nice Speedo, and a towel over his shoulder. From that moment on I knew this guy and I were going to be great friends because he didn't care what people thought. In his mind he thought he looked like a the front runner from the Swedish Swim team. Since then we have shared plenty of laughs and I'm happy to call him a friend. -Eisee

No comments:

Post a Comment