Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dave Ridos reflects on college experience

     As J term has come to an, end, and classes started today, I have mixed feelings about this upcoming semester. On one end I am excited to start the second half of SUNYAC play, and playoffs, and on the other end I am a little sad, because this spring semester will be my last as an undergraduate student.  Although I am a little sad to be leaving a great group of guys, I am excited to what is going to be coming next for me as I leave Fredonia.  The last 4 years have gone by so fast, and I can't say how happy I am that I made the decision to come to Fredonia to go to school and be a part of the Blue Devil hockey program.  The last 4 years have been a very interesting, exciting, and at times bumpy, as there are many ups and downs a college student athlete goes through.  At times I must say I had doubts if I would make it to graduation or not, but as I begin my last semester, I can truly say I am thrilled for the next upcoming months, and especially in May when I can walk across the stage and receive my degree. I just want to say that I am very thankful that I was able to experience being a Fredonia State hockey player, not only for the great people I have met, but the things I have learned on the ice, but more importantly off the ice.  With that being said, I will miss Fredonia dearly, but for now I'm going to enjoy every second of this last semester, and  I am excited to see the boys tear it up in the second half of the season, and bring home a SUNYAC title when it's all said and done.
 
Daver

No comments:

Post a Comment