Saturday, May 3, 2014

ALMOST FLYING SEASON!



Hi there folks, its Mac McAvoy tuning in for this Saturday's edition of our hockey blog.

This weekend our school is holding its annual Fred Fest, which means there is a lot of activities going on around campus and its a very busy weekend for the school. Unfortunately I am back in my home town of Port Colborne, Ontario. I have two final tests coming on Tuesday in which I have to study for.

On that note it is always relaxing to come home and have your parents cook you meals and look after you. However, I wish the weather would be a little bit better this weekend because then I could go up and fly the airplane. Flying airplanes has been a really big hobby of mine for the past 3 years. Being up in the air 5000 feet is always where I would rather be, and it sounds crazy, but having a pilots license is something I have always wanted, and believe it or not, I had my pilots license before iI got my full car license permit.


Some of the flight training I had to go through was stalls, spins and spirals, and yes it exactly what it sounds like. Out of those 3 I probably like stalls the best. My favorite kind of airplane to fly is the Piper Warrior Cherokee, which is the plane I fly with now, but my dream one day, is to own a Piper Mirage, which is a 6 seater and can almost fly anywhere within North America with out stopping once for fuel, but I wouldn't risk running out of fuel.

Anyways I thought for my last blog entry of the year I would bring up something not everyone knows about me, and some of my interest in flying airplanes and stuff like that.  To some it may seem boring, but others find it interesting. Also this weekend I was able to step on the ice and play some shinny hockey which was great to get back on the ice, but was it ever a bag skate since being off the ice for awhile.

Well I wish the best of luck to the boys on their up coming exams and have a fun and safe weekend and Fred Fest.

Mac McAvoy #27

Over And Out

No comments:

Post a Comment