Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Harps....my birthday is Friday April 7th

Hey everyone!

Junior Nick Harper here checking in for another blog post this year, currently on the third floor in the library doing some homework. (I think I was in the library last time for my blog post too) So my mom should be proud.

Next week is one of my favorite weeks when it comes to sports. In the beginning of the week, it's opening night and opening day for the Major League Baseball. As some of you may know I'm a huge New York Mets fan so I'm very excited for the year to start. As I've been saying every spring since about '99, I think this is there year to get a ring! Let's see if they can get the first win of the year however against NL East rival the Atlanta Braves.

This is a big week for NHL hockey as well as only a few weeks remain for the regular season. Many teams could come out of next week sitting pretty, or on their heels hoping for a miracle push and other teams to fade. My Anaheim Ducks however are one of those sitting pretty (as of right now) as they slipped by the San Jose Sharks for the first place spot in the Pacific Division. So you could say I'm excited to see how things shape up.

The most famous golf tournament is also taking place next week, The Masters in Augusta, Georgia. Pretty bold prediction but I think Phil Mickelson is going to come out of there winning the Green Jacket! (sorry Younger)

On top of all of that, my birthday is Friday April 7th so that's something always to look forward to.

One last thing before I leave ya, as I was writing this I just found out that I'm going to be playing in a summer hockey league on the same team as ex-Fredonia hockey player James Muscatello. James won a SUNYAC Championship here in '07 so hopefully he can show me how it's done!

Until next time,

Harps #30

No comments:

Post a Comment