Thursday, December 1, 2011

Rosser looks to hook the big one on Friday at Buffalo State

At the end of my Freshmen year one of our seniors picked me up from the dorms on a Sunday morning at around 8am. He had told me about a creek that fish go up and I was super excited to try my luck. I really like going fishing and had no idea that steelhead and trout run up the creek when the water level gets high enough. I saw tons of fish my first time and fished for 3 long hours with out a single bite . Finally an old man who was doing much better right beside me told me to stop fishing with eggs and use flies. It was spring time and the fish were not interested in eggs but much more prone to take a bite out of a fly that hatched during spring time. So the next day I went and got flies and went back to the same spot. What do you know but I got 2 10lb Steelhead in the first 30 min. From now on I always use flies in the spring and eggs in the fall.

Bryan Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment