Friday, August 29, 2014

Golf outing this weekend after long trip from Calgary......

My main man Rufio, on the road from Calgary in the old Civic.
             RIP New York Civics.
Finally back to Fredonia, had a little hiccup making it back from Calgary. The trusty old Civic had its last run, breaking down 5 hours out of Calgary in Swift Current, Saskatchewan. Hats off to my Dad for dropping everything and picking me up and making the rest of the trip with me. Besides that, the trip was safe and sound.  Made it across the country in a day. Feels a bit surreal that my senior year has come so fast. But it's here and ready to make the most of it. The season has nothing but positives on the horizon, the boys have been putting in the most off ice effort in my 4 years here. This effort can only translate to better things on the ice, and hopefully make a solid run for my final season. Just trying to take in as much as I can while these last months fly by, making new friends and teammates, trying to put some great wins in the SUNYAC together.
 
Looking forward to the long weekend to get out with the new guys and some alumni to play our first ever golf tournament. We will be playing a 4 man scramble at the Hillview Course in Fredonia.  Big thanks to them for accommodating our group for the morning. It will be a solid day having former assistant captains, Andrew Christ and Ryan Edens in attendance. Hopefully the Swedes can hit a golf ball, although I don't expect much from the 'natural athlete' named Eric Moberg, but it will be a good day at the first Fredonia Hockey Open Championship, and good luck to all the teams. 
 
Cheers,
 
Brian Doust #23
 

No comments:

Post a Comment