Friday, December 4, 2015

a pretty special weekend........

Hi everyone,
 
Had a pretty special weekend that meant a lot to me. I got to play against my best friend and basically my brother. And was also reunited with my 2nd momma, 2nd pop, 2nd grandma, grandpa and so on. It was great seeing what I can call family.  In the summer we work maintenance at the golf course together from 6am to 4pm. Then we run our "Long & Lauer" lawn care business after that. If we aren't to beat up by the sun we somehow manage to get a workout in even if it's just a short one. Our day usually ends around 8ish and then we will sit back and relax all night till 1 or 2 am and do it all over again.  He is a sophomore at Cortland. Pretty big, stay at home defensemen and seems to be happy at there. I'm kind of glad we didn't end up at the same college because either we would both fail out or we would kill each other in those 4 years. So being separated increases our chances of being successful and creates that brother to brother rivalry we all know about. He is a bigger part of my life than he probably knows, and no one knows me better than him. You know he's family when he is at our house eating my MY cookies or having breakfast with my momma and pop...even when I'm not around. We have tied 3 out of 3 times we played each other in SUNY play, giving up 3 goals late in the 3rd...to him especially really just was like being punched in the throat about a thousand times. The summer bragging rights are still up for grabs and that is one of the most powerful things a brother can have.
I made him smell and taste my stinky, wet gloves as I gave him a few face washes and he popped my bucket off just to see my smiling face. We both had a couple laughs as the refs thought we had both just committed a murder or something after the play. We both grinned at each other as we went towards the box...and the whole time I was thinking, you just wait till this summer when your dead asleep and I'm going to finish the job with a couple haymakers!!
 
Mike Lowe, thank you for the chocolate milk and Gatorades after the game.
 
Everyone have a safe and blessed holiday
 
Hunts #26

No comments:

Post a Comment