Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My favorite youth hockey memory


 AAA.jpg

My favorite youth hockey memory is going to the pee-wee national championships.  I played for the Long Island Royals, we were up 5-2 going into the third to end up winning the game 6-5, scoring the final goal with less than two seconds remaining.  The national championship was in Colorado Springs.  I broke my thumb in the first game of the tournament, but refused to not play the rest of the games.  We made it to the final of the national championships by my game winning goal of the semi-final game, which was due to my broken thumb because the shot was so slow the goalie moved too quickly.  We eventually lost to our biggest rivals the New Jersey Devils in the finals.  It was the 10th time we payed them that year.  I always thought it was funny having to travel all the way to Colorado to play them in the finals.  This experience taught me a lot about winning and losing as a kid.  I crave another spot on the national level and I know this year I will be attending another national tournament.
Nunner '13
 

No comments:

Post a Comment